No Refund or Cancellation / Transfer Policy
Registration Agreement: Terms and Conditions
No Refund / Cancellation / No-Show / Transfer / Course Incomplete & Exam Failure Agreement:
This policy is in place and non-negotiable, as there are expenses generated to provide our programs. If you cannot agree with these terms and conditions, please do not proceed with your registration. This policy supersedes prior versions of this agreement. This policy applies to programs taken either: online, in-person, or a combination of both. This policy is effective upon submission of your registration and payment. If you are a corporation/organization, please contact us for our corporate version of this policy.
Due to a vast outlay of expenses in providing courses, we therefore reasonably and detrimentally rely upon your tuition payment to fund your course's operations; consequently, we cannot extend any refunds, cancellations, incomplete, or transfer outside the scope of this policy.
NO REFUND / CANCELLATION: all registrations and sales are final. No refunds or credits are issued. We recommend that you reschedule/transfer your course if you wish to cancel (see Transfers below). Terms, Tips, and Pointers:
- Please ensure your schedule accommodates the course date(s) BEFORE registering.
- All funds paid will be forfeit upon cancellation. However, as we are a non-profit, we will issue you a donation letter (at the end of the tax year); we recommend that you provide this letter to your tax professional to evaluate if the donation can be applied to your tax return.
- Books/Textbooks/Items may be returned for a credit applied to your account if the item is unopened (the original seal must be fully intact), and the item is in resell condition; there is a 30% restocking fee for all returns, which will be deducted from the credit applied to your account. Additionally, shipping is not refunded or credited; all shipping costs and tracking to our office are the client's responsibility.
- All funds paid will be forfeit upon cancellation. However, as we are a non-profit, we will issue you a charitable donation letter for possible use on your taxes; we recomend that you provie this letter to your tax professional to evaluate if the donation can be applied to your tax return.
- If we cancel a course, we will offer you the option to transfer to another course, without a transfer fee.
TRANSFER: If you cannot attend the course/program for which you have registered, for whatever reason (i.e., illness, scheduling conflict, etc.), AND if your program permits transfers (ACLS, BLS, PALS, IV permit transfers), then please contact us at least 4 BUSINESS days BEFORE the start date of the program to arrange a transfer to another date/time --a $75 transfer fee will apply. Terms, Tips, and Pointers:
- If your program permits transfer (ACLS, BLS, PALS, IV), then up to 2 transfers may be attempted. All other programs are exempt from transfers.
- We cannot transfer your registration to another person.
- Once you transfer to another available course date, you are not permitted a cancellation at a later date.
- You will be charged the above transfer fee for each program transfer.
- Transfers are not eligible for cancellation.
- Please ensure your schedule accommodates your course/program date(s) BEFORE registering.
- Transfer of your course registration, where scholarship funds/discounts/credits, etc., have been applied to your tuition and will result in those funds being forfeit. Once forfeit, your course(s) will have a balance due.
- You cannot transfer any credits, discounts, scholarship funds, etc., to another course date.
- Transfers must be via phone (732) 579-8690. Please DO leave a message if no one can answer your call.
- All phone calls to our office are logged and all audio is recorded.
- Avoid emailing transfer requests as, at times, emails may end up in our junk/spam folder.
No show: There is no refund/credit/transfer for any student registered in any course/seminar/program and is a "No Show" for whatever reason. Students are listed as a no-show under the following circumstances:
- Late/Tardy for a course,
- Failure to complete and bring all required program prerequisites to the course, or
- If you do not show for your class.
Incomplete required course prerequisites: Some courses have required pre-course prerequisites: (i.e., American Heart Association programs, such as ACLS, BLS, PALS--both provider and instructor programs). If your course/program has required prerequisites that MUST be completed before attending, and brought with you to the course (see the prerequisites section in the program, listed on our website). If you do not fulfill those prerequisites, you will be listed as a no-show for the course, and no refund or transfer will be permitted. The presence of a program's prerequisites is verified at your program.
Late/Tardy for a course: Students who are tardy for a program are marked as absent/no-show and are not eligible for refund or transfer to another course (we recommend you arrive 15-20 minutes before the start of your course. Note: Please allow ample travel time as traffic can be quite heavy for in person programs). Many of the programs we offer (i.e., American Heart Association programs, IV Courses, seminars, etc.) have required content that you must be present when the content is presented; we are bound not to permit entry (and course completion) to those who are tardy.
INCLEMENT WEATHER: During inclement weather, on the day of your course, a recording will be left on our phone system to communicate to course status and/or delayed course start time.
- Typically, during inclement weather, our strategy is to delay the start time of the course; if a delay is not feasible, we will reschedule the course to another date and email you to ask you to select another course date and time. Ensure to call (732) 579-8690 for updates to scheduled program. As we operate as a non-profit, transfer fees are optional but are appreciated during this time; however, in this case, for any transfer fees paid, we will send you a donation letter to provide to your tax professional.
By attending this seminar ("Training Course"), you agree to abide by the following terms of this license:
1. OWNERSHIP OF Training Course(s):
This Training Course(s) is licensed to you, not sold to you, by The Health Care Training Academy, Inc. ("HCTA"). Title to the Training Course(s) and all of the Training Course(s) parts remain with HCTA and/or its suppliers. HCTA and/or its suppliers own the copyright right for all program content within all parts of the Training Course(s) System and reserves all rights worldwide.
2. PURPOSE OF LICENSE:
You may use the Training Course(s) for your specific personal, individual training provided in this License Agreement.
3. RESTRICTIONS-You may not:
A. Permit another individual to use this copyrighted Training Course(s).
B. Access the Training Course(s) from more than one Computer at the same time.
C. Take and complete this Training Course(s) on behalf of another individual.
D. Sublicense the Training Course(s).
E. Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, rent, lend, sell, transfer, distribute, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer this Training Course(s) or any portion thereof, except as provided for in this License Agreement.
F. Broadcast, cablecast, or otherwise display the media contained within the Training Course(s) in any public performance or media in any manner without the prior written consent of HCTA.
G. Transfer ownership or use of this license to another. Any attempt to transfer the license terminates your right to use the Training Course(s).
4. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION:
The Training Course(s) you are about to take is copyrighted by HCTA and/or its suppliers with all rights reserved worldwide and is fully protected by the ) .United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. It is authorized for individual use only. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Training Course(s) under your control. The FBI investigates allegations of copyright infringement, and federal law provides severe criminal and civil penalties for those found to be in violation.
HCTA warrants that it has the right to license you to use the Training Course(s). HCTA's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be the timely correction of material content errors discovered within the Training Course(s). This warranty is good for a period of three years from the date of purchase. This warranty shall be void if the error results from running the Training Course(s) on a computer system that does not meet the course's stated minimum system requirements (s).
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
HCTA shall not be liable for any loss of use, nor for indirect, special incidental, or consequential damages of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use the Training Course(s) provided by HCTA to you, whether under this License Agreement or otherwise.
7. TERMINATION OF LICENSE:
This license is effective for the period beginning with course(s) enrollment and continuing as long as you abide by the license terms. HCTA may terminate this license at any time if you fail to comply with any conditions of this license. In the event of termination, you will discontinue using the instructional materials provided, and no refund shall be made.
8. APPLICABLE LAWS:
This license agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey and the United States, including patent, trademark, and copyright laws. In any claim arising out of this license agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney's fees and costs. This provision shall be construed as applicable to the entire license agreement. Any claim or action must be filed within the jurisdiction of Somerset County, New Jersey, U.S.A.
9. EXPORT CONTROL:
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Training Course(s) except as authorized by United States law and the jurisdiction laws in which the Training Course(s) was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Training Course(s) may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List. By using the Training Course(s), you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law.
The Health Care Training Academy
PO BOX 7261
Hillsborough, NJ 08844 USA
For assistance, call: (732) 579-8690 or email support@CardiacEd.com.
- The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission Accreditation. #P295
- Online program will require use of Google Chrome, Flash must be enabled. We cannot support your computer or device.
- For any observed errors or omissions from the content/website please email email@example.com for verification and correction (if applicable).
- Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements. If you are not a nurse and take this educational credit program, please verify your board's acceptance before registering for this event, as a refund will not be issued. If the continuing education credit is not accepted by your board we will not limit your registration, and you are welcome to register.
- The Health Care Training Academy is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Tuition is based upon the date received; we recommend registering online or via phone before your course (as these methods are instant).
- We are an approved American Heart Association Training Center Site for programs such as ACLS, BLS, and PALS.