SpecialtyProgram - Registration Agreement and Contract
REGISTRATION AGREEMENT, POLICY, AND CONTRACT
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: All sales for this course are final once submitted below.
- As this is a specialty program, once you register (by submitting payment below), you cannot receive any refunds, credits, or transfers.
- The geolocation of your device and your device's information will be utilized to track your progress, activity, login attempts, etc.
- Account sharing will result in the termination of your access. No refunds, credits, extensions will be granted. Civil and Criminal penalties will be imposed for account sharing.
- Please ensure that this is the program in which you wish to register, and that you have read all the program information carefully, asked questions, and that you have no scheduling conflicts before registering.
- Your registration in this program will license you to access this course; we operate as a non-profit and immediately and automatically pay out the funds to our vendor for your non-refundable license; we cannot deviate from this policy provide extensions, refunds, credits, transfers, etc.
- If you miss your class (or the period to take your class), you will not receive a refund, credit, or transfer. The exception to this is for those programs that are being presented live (i.e., via Zoom) and are being recorded. You will be given access online via the learning system, and access to the program will be scheduled with you by our office. Email email@example.com to schedule a date/time that you can participate in the program. Examples of programs (CCRN, CEN, Legal, Pediatric Emergencies, Pediatric Essentials, Chest x-rays, etc.). (Please do allow about a week after the program's live date to be available for on-demand scheduling).
- Please note the date, time, timezone, and location of the course.
- Unless indicated, the timezone of the course is EST/NYC.
- This policy supersedes any other policy for any other program found on our website.
- Occasionally your access to the program(s) may take up to 24 business hours to activate.
- Registration is required to participate/attend.
- Any incomplete registration will be waitlisted and will not grant an approved seat in the course until payment has been made and/or any course requirements have been met.
- A valid email address is required for registration (we recommend you not use a school or work email, but do not use a personal email when registering).
- Upon expiration of your registration/access to this program(s): you will lose access to all program resources (including but not limited to any: handouts, files, documents, links, etc.), you will not be able to regain access to any of these items unless you re-enroll in this program. Access to all electronic resources is based upon your expiration date.
- Our office has to pay our vendor to issue you a non-refundable license to access these programs and their resources. Therefore, there are no extensions permitted.
To complete this course and receive nursing contact hours, the learner must attend all sessions, complete a post-course evaluation, and participate in all program sections. Nursing Continuing Education (CNE) hours awarded via email (upon completion of the course evaluation, which will be emailed). Contact hours are only issued upon full program completion; we cannot issue partial contact hours for this program. All work must be done online, as no offline work cannot be included. Contact hours certificates are issued via email only. The Health Care Training Academy (DBA CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. P295 These contact hours are accepted in most states for nurses but check with your board to ensure acceptance. (The question to ask is, "Does your state accept ANCC issued contact hours?"). Other professions may accept nursing contact hours; therefore, check with your board if nursing contact hours are accepted for your credential maintenance requirements.
Certificate Courses (i.e. TNCC, FCCS):
It is recommended that you register 30+ days before the program to prepare for the heavy program content. However, if you are registering within 30 days of the course, you can only proceed, at your own risk of failing the program, by understanding that you run the risk of "failing" the course without sufficient time to prepare. Additionally, the written exam is dependant upon adequate time to study and prepare; moreover, if you don't have the current textbook (or it will not be delivered in time), many do not succeed with the written exam course completion. As we don't know your learning style and learning pace, it may be that you need more than 30 days to prepare or less than 30 days to prepare. Please contact us before submitting tuition for this program to discuss if you are a fit for this program. Upon successful completion of this course (attendance at all sessions, participation and completing any skills stations, and passing the written examination [if applicable]), you will be provided with a course completion certificate; unless the certificate is issued electronically, please allow 8-12 weeks for processing your certificate/card, plus allow time for USPS delivery, if being delivered by mail. The classroom location is subject to change, within reason. Registration is required to attend. Directions/access & full address will be emailed to you upon receipt of your registration and full payment. If a course textbook is required for your course (i.e., TNCC, FCCS, etc.), ample time to study the course textbook is highly recommended. If a textbook was ordered for this course (or available), then the textbook is issued within 1-3 business days of receipt of payment.
Legal Disclaimers and Disclosures:
- Participation in, or completion of, this course does not confer any credential, nor does it satisfy any board certification requirement apart from the continuing education credit, if offered. This course is not intended to replace, override, or conflict with any licensing, policy, or credentialing requirements.
- Faculty have nothing to disclose; no approved or unapproved FDA products are being discussed. Disclaimers:
- No conflict of interest.
- No products or devices (approved/unapproved) are discussed.
- No commercial support is being received.
- This program is not a replacement for your school, district, or facility’s policies, procedures, laws, employers' rules, regulations, policies, and/or protocols.
- The program is provided for educational review only and is not for clinical use.
- We are not responsible for any loss of work, earnings for participating in this program.
System Upgrades, Maintainance, & Backups:
From time-to-time, our system will undergo routine upgrades, backups, and maintenance. You understand that these are required to maintain the integrity of our programs and your accounts. Although rare that our website is down, it will sometimes experience slower times, and there may be slight delays in using the site, but it will not interrupt access. If the website is down, our technical support will issue an extension to complete your course. Refunds will not be provided.
- You are required to provide a working computer/device to access this program.
- You are required to provide a valid email address to which you have access to log in and participate in this program.
- You will only be permitted to access your account from one device at a time; should you attempt to log in from another device without first logging out, your account will be locked.
- You are required to provide an internet connection to access this program.
- Your device should be up-to-date with the latest technology.
- This program is supported on Windows, Mac, and Chrome.
- Although possible, this program can be accessed via a handheld tablet or device, but it will be more superior to view this program on a larger screen (as some slides, content, handouts, etc., may be too small to view on a smaller screen).
- A desktop computer/laptop is recommended for use in any online components for this program. For online modules - Google Chrome is the supported browser; other browsers may not be fully supported.
- We cannot offer technical support on your computer, laptop, or device. However, we can troubleshoot access to your account. If you have issues with your computer, laptop, or device, you recommend trying from another computer.
By attending this seminar ("Training Course"), you agree to abide by the following terms of this license:
1 OWNERSHIP OF Training Course(s):
This Training Course(s) is licensed to you, not sold to you, by The Health Care Training Academy, Inc. ("HCTA"). Title to the Training Course(s) and all of the Training Course(s) parts remain with HCTA and/or its suppliers. HCTA and/or its suppliers own the copyright right for all program content within all parts of the Training Course(s) System and reserves all rights worldwide. Trademarks and Copyright are the ownership of HCTA and/or its suppliers.
2 PURPOSE OF LICENSE: You may use the Training Course(s) for your specific personal, individual training provided in this License Agreement.
You may not:
A Permit another individual to use this copyrighted Training Course(s).
B Access the Training Course(s) from more than one Computer at the same time.
C Take and complete this Training Course(s) on behalf of another individual.
D Sublicense the Training Course(s).
E Reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, rent, lend, sell, transfer, distribute, disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer this Training Course(s) or any portion thereof, except as provided for in this License Agreement.
F Broadcast, cablecast, or otherwise display the media contained within the Training Course(s) in any public performance or media in any manner without the prior written consent of HCTA.
G Transfer ownership or use of this license to another. Any attempt to transfer the license terminates your right to use the Training Course(s).
4 COPYRIGHT PROTECTION: The Training Course(s) you are about to take is copyrighted by HCTA and/or its suppliers with all rights reserved worldwide and is fully protected by the United States copyright laws international treaty provisions. It is authorized for individual use only. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Training Course(s) under your control. The FBI investigates allegations of copyright infringement, and federal law provides severe criminal and civil penalties for those found to be in violation.
5 WARRANTY: HCTA warrants that it has the right to license you to use the Training Course(s). HCTA's entire liability and your exclusive remedy shall be the timely correction of material content errors discovered within the Training Course(s). This warranty is good for a period stated at the time of registration and payment from the purchase date. This warranty shall be void if the error results from running the Training Course(s) on a computer system that does not meet the stated minimum system requirements of the course(s).
6 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: HCTA shall not be liable for any loss of use, nor for indirect, special incidental, or consequential damages of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use the Training Course(s) provided by HCTA to you, whether under this License Agreement or otherwise.
7 TERMINATION OF LICENSE: This license is effective for the period beginning with course(s) enrollment and continuing as long as you abide by the license terms. HCTA may terminate this license at any time if you fail to comply with any conditions of this license. In the event of termination, you will discontinue using the instructional materials provided, and no refund shall be made.
8 APPLICABLE LAWS: This license agreement is governed by the State of New Jersey and the United States laws.
9 EXPORT CONTROL. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Training Course(s) except as authorized by United States law and the jurisdiction laws in which the Training Course(s) was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Training Course(s) may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Persons List. Using the Training Course(s), you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law.
Thank you for participating in the Health Care Training Academy’s Training Course(s).
The Health Care Training Academy
PO BOX 495
Milford, NJ 08848 USA
For assistance, email: support@CardiacEd.com (you must email our support to document the issue you are having, and we can respond during business hours).