The Healthcare Training Academy presents:
Emergency Nursing Examination Review
Presented by: Dr. Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio RN, PhD
This 21-module-program is an online video-led review course of emergency nursing. It is aimed towards those preparing for the Emergency Nurses Association's (ENA) "Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)" examination. This program is excellent for those that want to brush up on their ER skills. Moreover, If you have never taken a seminar with Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio, then this program is perfect for you to Laugh, Study, Learn, and Prepare for the CEN exam and enhance your Emergency Nursing expertise. This review course is designed for nurses who want to update, strengthen or expand their knowledge base in the clinical emergency settings, as well as acute care units. The seminar includes essential content areas that have consistently appeared on CEN Exams in previous years. Sample questions are reviewed to help you answer more questions correctly. You can look forward to a higher score when you prepare with the CEN Review.
• Fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base imbalances
• Shock, myocardial infarction, CHF, hypertensive emergencies
• Respiratory assessment, pulmonary embolus, acute respiratory failure, status asthmaticus, chest trauma
• Seizures, increased intracranial pressure, head trauma, neurological assessment
• Pancreatitis, abdominal trauma, GI bleeding
• Gynecological emergencies, hemophilia, child abuse, poisonings & burns... and much more!!!
Audience: RNs, NPs, PAs, interns, students, and more.
Continuing Education Credit: 7 hours awarded upon full program completion (no partial credit is issued)
Objectives: Completion of this session, the participant will be able to- Assess, Plan, Intervene and evaluate a plan of care for a patient with:
• Cardiovascular emergencies of myocardial infarction, CHF, hypertensive crisis
• Respiratory emergencies of acute respiratory failure, ARDS, status asthmaticus, pulmonary embolus, aspirations, pneumothorax, and thoracic trauma
• Neurological emergencies of seizures increased intracranial pressure and head trauma
• Gastrointestinal emergencies of pancreatitis, GI bleeding, and abdominal trauma
• General emergencies of gynecological, hemophilia, poisonings, burns, child abuse
Faculty: Dr. Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio RN, PhD
Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio is a name, and a face, you won't soon forget, especially if you've ever attended one of Dr. Laura Gasparis Vonfrolio's lively seminars. This multi-talented nursing professional has gained a reputation as one of the most dynamic and entertaining speakers in the healthcare field. Her experiences range from staff nurse, instructor, author to talk show nursing expert, and organizer of the Nurse March on Washington, D.C. Prepare to laugh often and learn a lot with any of the books, online programs, trips, or seminars that she offers. Laura's teaching methods are like no other!
The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements. If you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued. If credit is not accepted, you are welcome to register.
The Health Care Training Academy is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
We must receive your tuition payment BEFORE access to this course is granted.
As this is a specialty program, there are no refunds, extensions, transfers, or credits; therefore, please verify you can complete the 7-hour program within 30 days of signing up.
Participants must complete the program within the 30-day access period as no extensions will be granted.
No partial credit (contact hours) are awarded. Full program completion is required to issue your contact hours certificate.
Have a seminar you would wish to present? Something you would like to publish? We can HELP! Email: Lee@CardiacEd.com