The Healthcare Training Academy presents:
ECG Certification Course
Telemetry Certification / ECG Technician
Whether you are an RN/LPN/APN, PA, EMT, Nurses’ Aide, Patient Care Technician, or a member of the general public wanting to enter the healthcare field, this fun, yet educationally intense, ECG/Telemetry/Technician course delivers certification in the foundation, acquisition, and interpretation of electrocardiograms (ECGs).
- Track 1: Telemetry Certification: 100% online program; no classroom required. This certification is necessary if you interpret ECG tracings. Certification issued by HCTA.
- Track 2: ECG Technician Certification & Telemetry Certification: online & classroom/in-person lab required. This certification is necessary if you interpret ECG & acquire ECG tracings. Upon successful completion of this track, you will be permitted to sit for the optional National Healthcareer Association (NHA)* Certified ECG Technician (CET) examination. Track 2 students meet weekly (for approximately five weeks) for lab, additional review, and ECG skills practice.
What is the difference between a Telemetry Technician and an ECG Technician?
- Telemetry Technician: typically monitors patients heart rates and rhythms at a healthcare facility. The role of the Telemetry Technician is to produce trips, monitors for life-threatening arrhythmias, perform interpretation of patients' rhythms and lots more. Typically those with a "Telemetry Certification" do not acquire 12-Lead ECGs, perform stress testing, and other hands-on duties. In many facilities, direct patient care is not performed by Telemetry Technicians.
- ECG Technician: includes all of the roles and responsibilities of the Telemetry Technician, above, but also acquires ECGs, performs stress testing, performs many hands-on skills, and is involved in direct patient care.
*Location: The Healthcare Training Academy, Hillsborough, NJ (registration required). Offered Fall ONLY. Allow up to 8 weeks for certificate delivery from HCTA.
**Many healthcare facilities require the NHA National Certified ECG Technician Certification. The track 2 program qualifies you to take their examination.
- Introduction, Basics, Anatomy & Physiology, and Wave Form identification,
- Setup & Operation of ECG machines (Track 2: Lab/practice),
- Atrial Rhythms,
- Junctional Rhythms,
- AV Block Rhythms,
- Ventricular Rhythms,
- Life-Threatening Rhythms & Other Considerations, and special procedures (stress testing theory, pacemakers, etc)
- Final Exam (online)
Audience: RNs, LPNs, APNs, PAs, EMTs, Nurses’ Aides, Patient Care Technicians, students, or members of the general public looking for a career change.
Continuing Education Credit:
- Track 1: 20.9 hours awarded upon program completion
- Track 2: 44.7 hours awarded upon program completion
The Health Care Training Academy (DBA CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements. If you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued. If credit is not accepted, you are welcome to register.
The Health Care Training Academy is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Note: the online component of this program is VERY particular with accurate ECG measurements; as you must be 100% accurate when involved in patient care. The Learning Management System (LMS) will test you to 100% accuracy for ALL ECG rhythms used in this program.
Have a seminar you would wish to present? Something you would like to publish? We can HELP! Email: Lee@CardiacEd.com