The Healthcare Training Academy presents:
ECG & Emergency Pharmacology (ACLS and PALS Pre-Course)
Click here to return to the AHA Programs Menu
About: The ECG and Pharmacology course is an excellent introduction to the ACLS and PALS curriculum. The ACLS and PALS course does not teach ECG and Pharmacology; students are required to know ECG and Pharmacology before attending these courses. This is a perfect course to bring you up to speed on the ECG rhythm recognition, cardiac physiology, and pharmacology dosage and administration. Even if you are practicing medical professional or fresh out of school, this course will boost your knowledge and confidence in dealing with cardiac emergencies. This program prepares you for the pre-test for both of the ACLS and the PALS courses. The AHA requires you score a 70%, or higher, to gain entry to their ACLS or PALS program(s).
• Heart anatomy
• Basic electrophysiology
• Normal ECG measurements
• Basic Arrhythmias
• Basic ACLS drugs and usage
• Drugs, doses, and routes of administration during cardiovascular emergencies
• Integrating basic drug pharmacology into ACLS algorithms
Audience: RNs, NPs, PAs, interns, students, and more.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE): 6.5 hours awarded upon program completion, no partial credit is awarded.
- The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements.
- If you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued. If credit is not accepted, you are welcome to register.
- The Health Care Training Academy is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Note: This is the prerequisite program for the American Heart Association's (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), which will prepare you for the pre-test and your ACLS/PALS course. This program is the same program as the classroom version and has been recorded as an online video-instructor-led-lecture. The student workbook is included with this course (+ shipping). Contact hours certificates are emailed upon completion of this program. Program duration: approx 6.5 hours. Contact hours & completion certificate for ECG and Pharmacology issued upon completion of the entire program. Textbook shipped upon receipt of your order.
- Your access to this program expires after 30 days. Students who have not completed within 30 days must re-register to re-gain access to this course.
Have a seminar you would wish to present? Something you would like to publish? We can HELP! Email: Lee@CardiacEd.com