The Healthcare Training Academy presents:
American Heart Association (AHA)
ECG & Emergency Pharmacology
The ECG and Emergency Pharmacology course is an excellent introduction to ECG and Emergency Pharmacology. This is a perfect course to bring you up to speed with ECG rhythm recognition, cardiac physiology, and pharmacology of dosage and administration of agents during a patient emergency. Moreover, upon completion of this program, you will receive 2 American Heart Association (AHA) certificates (ECG and Emergency Pharmacology), and you will be prepared to undertake Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) courses.
• Heart anatomy
• Basic electrophysiology
• Normal ECG measurements
• Basic Arrhythmias
and much more...
• ACLS & PALS drugs and usage
• Drugs, doses, and routes of administration during cardiovascular emergencies
• Integrating basic drug pharmacology into ACLS algorithms
• Current guidelines for emergency pharmacology usage.
and much more...
What is included with this course:
-Onsite instructor/Lectures (interactive/class participation required) with an instructor certified in teaching ACLS / PALS / ECG.
-Emergency Pharmacology Course
-ECG and Emergency Pharmacology workbook
RNs, NPs, PAs, interns, students (nursing and non-nursing), and more.
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE): 6.5 hours awarded upon program completion, no partial credit is awarded.
- The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements.
- If you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued. If credit is not accepted, you are welcome to register.
- The Health Care Training Academy is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Note: This is the prerequisite program for the American Heart Association's (AHA) Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), which will prepare you for the pre-test and your ACLS/PALS course. This program is the same program as the classroom version and has been recorded as an online video-instructor-led-lecture. The student workbook is included with this course (+ shipping). Contact hours certificates are emailed upon completion of this program. Program duration: approx 6.5 hours. Contact hours & completion certificate for ECG and Pharmacology issued upon completion of the entire program. Textbook shipped upon receipt of your order.
- Completion of this course does not grant certification for ACLS / PALS. However, it does meet the requirements to prepare you for the pre-test to undertake and ACLS / PALS course.
We can bring this course to your facility. Click the "View Schedule" below to register. If your facility is not registered, please email support@CardiacEd.com to bring this program to your facility.