Pediatric Essentials: Rashes, Infections, Assessment
Looking for other Pediatric Modules? Click here
You do not need to take any other module before this program; All modules are presented without prerequisite knowledge from another presentation.
100% ONLINE AND AT YOUR OWN PACE!
- Can you formulate an accurate diagnosis when assessing a child with a rash or an infection?
- Do you want to enhance your physical assessment skills?
- Can you accurately categorize skin lesions?
- Are you comfortable knowing when to isolate a child with a rash/infection?
- We will discuss a child with an uncomplicated rash and/or an infection;
- we will explore the types of rashes and various infections while building a working diagnosis.
- Tough concepts of rashes will be simplified.
- Assessment tips will be explained
- Case studies will also be explored!
Audience: School Nurses, EMTs/Paramedics, Student Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians’ Assistants, Day Care Center Providers, Patient Care Technicians, and many more…
Contact Hours: 4 Nursing Contact Hours are awarded (see the disclaimer, below, for other professions).
||Lee Taylor-Vaughan, JD, MSN, RN, APN, CCRN-CSC-CMC, PCCN, CEN, TCRN, LNC, NRP, CFRN moved to the USA (from England) and began his healthcare career in the Emergency Department, in 1995. He has completed programs for EMT, Paramedic, Registered Nurse, and Nurse Practitioner. He obtained his BS and MS in Nursing from Rutgers University and a Juris Doctor from Concord Law School. Lee’s career is focused strongly on Emergency/Critical Care: as a Paramedic, a Registered Nurse, and an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Lee is easy to follow, energetic, dynamic, and he has a very friendly approach.
• Categorize lesions
• Build a differential and working diagnosis of a child presenting with a rash
• Recognize and manage a child with an infection
• Decide which infections need to be isolated, and more...
Tuition: [online ONLY $89; no refunds available; 3-day access to watch this 3-hour online program]
We recommend you register online to create your account with your own username and password. (see below for registration)
The start date of this program is the date your tuition is received. Credit cards accepted online and are instant registration. Seminar handout provided online. For information on using a purchase order, please click here. No cancellations/refunds/transfers/credits available for this event; please ensure you can attend BEFORE registering. Access begins immediately upon receipt of payment or Purchase Order.
Have a large group? Email us for group discount information. email@example.com
We do house calls! Bring us to your organization/region for an “educationally-packed-professional-day” (custom programs also available).
Content/Agenda/Outline (times are approximated; order of presentation may change) SCROLL DOWN FOR DATES, VENUES, REGISTRATION
Rashes, Infections, & Assessment
- Welcome, Disclaimers, Contact Hours, Agenda/Overview
- Skin Review
- Rash progression and differentiation
- Common conditions
- Contagious conditions
- When to Isolate
- Coinciding illness
- Assessment Pattern
- Illness with Rashes
- Rashes without illness
Evaluations (a link is emailed after the course). The contact hours certificate takes approximately 14-21 days to email after evaluation has been completed (remember to check junk/spam folder).
Required Disclaimers: The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. These credits are accepted by all states, with the exception of CA and IA; all professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements. Additionally, if you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued.