Pediatric Essentials: Rashes, Infections, Assessment
100% ONLINE AND AT YOUR OWN PACE!
- Can you formulate an accurate diagnosis when assessing a child with a rash or an infection?
- Do you want to enhance your physical assessment skills?
- Can you accurately categorize skin lesions?
- Are you comfortable knowing when to isolate a child with a rash/infection?
- We will discuss a child with an uncomplicated rash and/or an infection;
- we will explore the types of rashes and various infections while building a working diagnosis.
- Tough concepts of rashes will be simplified.
- Assessment tips will be explained.
- Case studies will also be explored!
Audience: School Nurses, EMTs/Paramedics, Student Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians’ Assistants, Day Care Center Providers, Patient Care Technicians, and many more…
Contact Hours: 4 Nursing Contact Hours are awarded.
*Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider #CEP17561) and Florida Board of Nursing (Provider #50-24286) for 4 Contact Hours.
• Categorize lesions
• Build a differential and working diagnosis of a child presenting with a rash
• Recognize and manage a child with an infection
• Decide which infections need to be isolated and more...
We recommend that you register online to create your account with your own username and password. (see below for registration)
The start date of this program is the date your tuition is received. Credit cards are accepted online and are instant registration. Seminar handout provided online. For information on using a purchase order, please click here.
Have a large group? Please email us for group discount information. email@example.com
We do house calls! Bring us to your organization/region for an “educationally-packed-professional-day” (custom programs also available).
Content/Agenda/Outline (times are approximated; order of presentation may change) SCROLL DOWN FOR DATES, VENUES, REGISTRATION.
Rashes, Infections, & Assessment
- Welcome, Disclaimer, Contact Hours, Agenda/Overview
- Skin Review
- Rash progression and differentiation
- Common conditions
- Contagious conditions
- When to Isolate
- Coinciding illness
- Assessment Pattern
- Illness with Rashes
- Rashes without illness
Evaluations (a link will be emailed after the course). The contact hours certificate takes approximately 14-21 days to email after the evaluation has been completed (remember to check junk/spam folder).