Pediatric Emergencies: For School Nurses & Out-of-Hospital Providers: Part I
Looking for other modules? Click here
You do not need to take Part I before Part II; All modules are presented without prerequisite knowledge from another presentation.
100% Online - Access provided for 10 Days. You have 10 days to complete this one day program.
This is a Video-Led Lecture, recorded at one of our Pediatric Emergency Programs.
REFRESHED, ENLIGHTENED, and Attend this live seminar and leave CONFIDENT, as you will:
- Learn, enhance, and sharpen your assessment skills!
- Learn practical tools and tips to use on your next patient emergency!
- Learn how to: effectively communicate, transfer, and document emergencies!
- Network with peers, exchange ideas, and extinguish concerns!
Description: This 8-hour easy to follow, yet intense, program is specifically designed for those providers who work in the out-of-hospital/pre-hospital environment. We will discuss various domains of pediatric emergencies: medical, trauma, psychosocial, and behavioral. This seminar will enlighten and sharpen your patient assessment skills and increase your knowledge of pediatric emergencies (scroll down for an outline of topics). You will leave this event feeling confident, refreshed, and ready for your next emergency!
Audience: School Nurses, EMTs/Paramedics, Athletic Trainers, Student Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physicians’ Assistants, Day Care Center Providers, Patient Care Technicians, and many more…
Contact Hours: 8 Nursing Contact Hours are awarded (see the disclaimer, below, for other professions).
||Lee Taylor-Vaughan, JD, MSN, RN, APN, CCRN-CSC-CMC, PCCN, CEN, TCRN, LNC, NRP moved to the USA (from England) and began his healthcare career in the Emergency Department, in 1995. He has completed programs for EMT, Paramedic, Registered Nurse, and Nurse Practitioner. He obtained his BS and MS in Nursing from Rutgers University and an Executive Juris Doctor from Concord Law School. Lee’s career is focused strongly on Emergency/Critical Care: as a Paramedic, a Registered Nurse, and an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Lee is easy to follow, energetic, dynamic, and has a friendly approach.
- Apply a simple and easy to follow a rapid assessment
- Discuss pathophysiology and mechanism of injury
- Utilize the “assess-categorize-decide-act” approach
- Discuss appropriate actions for stabilizing critically ill or injured children
- Synthesize rapid assessment, effective communication, and accurate documentation
- Online tuition $99 for 10 days of access.
- In-person (when available): Tuition does vary by venue; please see below for tuition in effect for your event. Any at the door registrations are subject to availability and are CASH ONLY. (No exceptions: we cannot accept any credit cards or checks at the door). We recommend you register online before the event. Tuition is based on the date your registration is received; credit cards accepted online, or via phone. Seminar handout provided. Walk-in registration (very limited) is CASH ONLY (No personal checks or credit cards are accepted at the door). If your payment does not process at the time of registration, your registration will be placed on the waitlist. To make a payment login to your account (form the home page) and review the registration(s) in your account that requires payment. For information on using a purchase order, please click here. Please note, payment must be received at least five business days before the event.
- Unable to attend? Bring us to your organization/region for an “educationally-packed-professional-day” (custom programs also available).
Content/Agenda/Outline (times are approximated; order of presentation may change) SCROLL DOWN FOR REGISTRATION
100% ONLINE. Video Lecture
|07:30 - 08:30
||Doors Open, Registration/Sign-in, Seating, Networking
|08:15 – 08:30
||Welcome, Introduction, Housekeeping, Disclaimers
|08:30 – 12:00
||Part I: General Review of Emergency Concepts, Rapid Assessment, & Trauma
- Considerations: a head-to-toe/body systems approach.
- You, the Bystander(s), and the Patient(s): Safety
- Medical/Trauma: Assessment (an easy approach)
- Trauma Triage, Transport Options & Decisions, & Patient Disposition
- Jump-kit Considerations
- Aftermath: Communication, Transfer, & Documentation
- Shock: Overview/Reminders, and Rapid Assessment & Treatment
- Pathophysiology, Mechanism of Injury (MOI)
- Rapid Assessment & Treatment of Trauma Specific Related Injuries:
- Pain Management, and
- Burn Emergencies
- Injury & Trauma Prevention
|13:15 - 16:15
||Part II: Medical, Psychosocial, and Behavioral Emergencies
Psychiatric, Behavioral, & Child Abuse
- Rapid Assessment & Treatment of Medical-Related Emergencies:
- Hematology & Oncology,
- Fever Emergencies
- (and more).
Special Healthcare Needs: Tracheostomy/Ventilators/Shunts/Central Venous Catheters/G-Tubes
Algorithm Template Discussion
|16:15 – 16:45
||Q&A / Discussion / Summary
Evaluations / Contact Hours Certificates (emailed).
Breaks provided at appropriate intervals throughout the seminar. Breakfast/Lunch is on your own.
Required Disclaimers: The Healthcare Training Academy (D/B/A CardiacEd) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by The New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Non-nursing professions should consult with their respective board to ensure nursing credit is acceptable for your credential renewal requirements. If you are not a nurse, and you are taking this program for educational credit, please verify your board’s acceptance before registering for this event, as refunds will not be issued. If credit is not accepted you are welcome to register. We recommend registering online, we are not responsible for mail delays. All payments must be received BEFORE the seminar. PO is accepted however it must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Access to the online program is 10 days. You may only access from one device (i.e. laptop or desktop computer); you cannot log in to more than one device once subscribed, ensure to signup from the device from which you wish to register. Once access to this program has been issued (instantly upon registration and payment) there are NO refunds, transfers, or credits for this program. Please ensure that you are able to attend and complete this 1-day program within 10 days, before registering.